– Charge your Samsung SM-G928F Galaxy S6 Edge Plus battery to more than 80%
– Copy any stored data on your phone’s internal memory in case you want to keep them
– It is recommended to do Factory Reset before installing the Rooted firmware
– Install the Samsung USB Driver on your PC (If it is not already installed)
– Enable USB Debugging Mode in your phone settings
– Odin3 Flasher.
– Samsung SM-G928F Galaxy S6 Edge Plus Rooted Firmware.
Samsung SM-G928F Galaxy S6 Edge Plus Rooting Steps:
– Extract the Samsung SM-G928F Rooted Firmware, You will get *.TAR.MD5 file.
– Run Odin3.exe flasher as administrator.
– Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options are checked.
– Click on AP button and select the extracted *.tar.md5 file.
– Turn off your Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, And wait for 15 seconds.
– Put the phone into Download Mode.
– Connect the phone to your PC using the USB cable.
– Wait until Odin3 detects the COM port number of your connected phone.
– Click on Start button to install the Rooted firmware into the SM-G928F Galaxy S6 Edge Plus.
– Do nothing until Odin3 reboots your phone.
– Your phone will be rebooted automatically, So wait for it.
– When you see PASS! Word in green at Odin3 flasher, You can disconnect the phone.
– Congratulations, You have rooted your Samsung SM-G928F Galaxy S6 Edge Plus.
– Done, Now you have SuperSU app installed on your phone.
– Make sure to download the suitable firmware version for your phone.
– Keep in mind that you are going to use this ROM on your own Responsibility.
– In case your phone stuck at Bootloop, Then you can reflash it with any Stock Firmware to fix it.
Components summarized of iPhone 4S:
- Processor – Apple A5 Dual-core – PoP like the iPad2
- RAM – DDR2 DRAM Elpida B4064B2PF-8D-F 512MB low-power
- Flash memory – Toshiba THGVX1G7D2GLA08 16GB MLC NAND
- RF transceiver – Qualcomm RTR8605 multimode
- Wireless module – Murata SW SS1919013
- Power amplifier – TriQuint TQM9M9030 multimode quad-band, TriQuint TQM666052 bias control, Skyworks SKY 77464-20 load-insensitive, Avago ACPM-7381-TR1 UMTS2100 4×4
- Audio Codec – Apple 338S0987 Cirrus Logic
- Gyroscope – AGD8 2132 STMicroelectronics L3G4200DH
- Accelerometer – 33DH STMicroelectronics LIS331DLH
- Power management – Apple 338S0973 Dialog semiconductor D1881A and Qualcomm PM8028 IC
Components summarized of iPhone 4:
- Processor – Apple A4
- DDR memory – SDRAM Intel 36My1EF – ELPIDA 128 Mbits Mobile & 28F128FM Intel/Numonyx NOR
- Flash memory -Samsung K9PFG08U5M 256G bit x8
- Audio codec – Cirrus logic 338S0589
- 3-axis digital gyroscope – Apple AGD1 STMicro
- Touchscreen – Apple 343S0499 Texas Instruments
- GPS receiver – Broadcom BCM4750IUB8 single-chip
- GSM/GPRS – Skyworks SKY77541
- GSM/W-CDMA Transceiver – Apple 338S0626 Infineon
- Wifi, Bluetooth and EDR + FM receiver – Broadcom BCM4329FKUBG 802.11n
- Power Amp – Triquint TQM666092 and TQM666091
Images were taken from Techinsights. More info about the phone can be find from wikipedia.org.
What is DFU mode?
DFU or Device Firmware Upgrade mode allows all devices to be restored from any state.
If you want to get into jail-breaking (or already have), one of the things you’ll want to know how to do is to put your device into DFU mode. DFU stands for Device Firmware Upgrade and you’ll be sure to see this term again and again in the jail-breaking community.
DFU mode is a state that allows you to put your iPhone to interface with iTunes, but does not load iOS operating system or boot loader. That’s the main difference between DFU mode and recovery mode.
What is DFU mode used for?
DFU mode can be used for multiple things including upgrading firmware, downgrading firmware, and even rebooting your tethered jail-broken device. So, here’s a step by step tutorial on how to do it.
How to enter DFU mode:
- Plug your device into your computer
- Turn off the device by holding the Sleep/Wake or Power button and swiping it off
- Hold the power button for 3 seconds
- Begin holding the Home button without releasing the Sleep/Power button for 10 seconds
- Release the power button and continue holding the home button until you get a popup from iTunes that your device is recognized as being in recovery mode.
That’s it, you’re in DFU mode. If you get stuck in DFU mode and need to get out, just hold the power button and home button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears.
Here’s a video walk-through on how to put your iOS device in DFU mode below:
This process works for the iPhone, iPod, and iPad so no matter what iOS device you’re using you can use this tutorial.
Broken Home or Power button:
If you’ve a broken power or Home button then check out this tutorial to put your iOS device in DFU mode.
How to exit DFU mode:
If you want to exit DFU mode, hold down the Sleep/Wake or Power button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
This article was taken from www.iphonehacks.com. More about DFU mode on theiphonewiki.com.
- 8GB Flash – Toshiba TH58G6D1DTG80
- Processor and DDR – Samsung
- Bluetooth – Marvell 88W8686
- GPS – Infineon PMB2525 Hammerhead II
- UMTS Tranceiver – Infineon
- Accelerometer – ST Microelectronics LIS331 DL
- Display Interface – National Semiconductor LM2512AA
- Touchscreen Controller – Broadcom BCM5974
- Power management – NXP
- Audio codec – WOLFSON WM6180C
- Power amplifier – TRIQUINT TQM616035 WCDMA/HSUPA
- 1 MB Serial flash – SST25VF080B
Images were taken from Semiconductor insights. More info about the phone can be find from wikipedia.